The Boys’ Hostel spread over two floors and accommodates about 600 students. The boys’ hostel has separate library, reading room, shuttle courts and a shop to facilitate the students. The hostel blocks also have STD facility.
The Girls’ Hostel spread over two floors and accommodates about 500 students.
The Girls’ hostel has Shuttle courts, Table tennis and a shop to facilitate the students. The hostel blocks also have STD facility.
RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR HOSTEL RESIDENTS:
1. Students are not allowed to stay inside the hostel during college hours without obtaining prior permission / leave from the warden.
2. Disciplinary actions will be taken against the student who goes out of the hostel without permission.
3. Getting permission and not returning in time will be viewed seriously and further permissions will not be granted.
4. No student shall leave the hostel after 6.30 p.m.
5. Study hours have to be strictly followed with perfect silence in the hostel from 8.00 p.m to 10.00 p.m daily.
6. Attendance will be taken during the Study hours and the room doors should be kept partially open during the study hours.
7. Watching television after 8.00p.m is strictly prohibited.
8. Food Timings in Hostel:
Morning Coffee : 6.45 a.m – 7.15 a.m
Breakfast : 7.50 a.m – 8.45 a.m
Lunch : As per College Timetable
Snacks : 5.00 p.m – 5.30 p.m
Dinner : 7.00 p.m – 8.00 p.m
9. Timings should be followed strictly.
10. Meals or snacks should not be taken to rooms.
11. No student is permitted to take the utensils like tumblers, plates etc to the room from the mess. Severe action will be taken against violators.
12. Students are denied entry to the Kitchens and Pantries of the Hostel.
13. Students in the hostel must be friendly with the fellow students. They should not quarrel or fight for any reason. Any dispute between students must be brought to the notice of the Warden/ Deputy Warden.
14. Organizing groups on the basis of linguistics, religion or any other kind inside the Hostel premises is strictly prohibited.
15. Students are responsible for their own belongings and should not possess valuable items like gold. Students are advised not to leave money or valuables in their rooms. The Management will not be responsible for loss of such valuables and money.
16. Illegal activities / Misbehavior / Using Bad languages and rude signs in the hostel premises may result in immediate expulsion from the hostel.
17. Any damage to the Hostel properties by the students in their wing will lead to collection of compensation from the concerned students of that particular wing.
18. Students are not permitted to interfere in any way with the electrical system in their rooms.
19. Playing cards and other indoor games inside the room is strictly prohibited.
20. Students are not permitted to use any electrical & electronic items like radio, heaters, iron box, walkman etc.
21. The cleanliness of rooms and all toilet facilities must be carefully preserved.
22. All waste must be thrown in the dustbins provided in the rooms.
23. The walls of the rooms should be clean. Pasting posters or driving nails in the walls is strictly prohibited. Severe action will be taken against violators.
24. Taps and lights must be turned off when not in use.
25. Night stay in local guardian’s house is not permitted.
26. Permission will not be given for tuition and computer classes outside the campus.
27. Phone calls are encouraged if it is from the parents. Phone calls after 10.30 p.m. are not encouraged.
28. No student is permitted to possess mobile phone inside the hostel premises. Student can use the coin phone provided in the hostel with the prior permission from the Warden / Deputy Warden. However phone calls are not permitted after 10.30 p.m.
29. Computer / Laptops are allowed only for education purpose. If computer / Laptops found being misused. It will be seized immediately.
30. All illness must be reported to the Deputy Warden, who may call for medical aid.
31. Permission letter from parents, leave letter and permission forms should be duly filled by the student, when he leaves the hostel to his home or outside the hostel.
32. Letters are allowed only from the parents.
33. Letter addressed to the student should bear the room number also.
34. Mess will be closed after the last day of the regular University Examinations.
35. Late comers to the hostel at night will be severely punished.
36. Students have to get prior permission from the Deputy Warden / Warden to use the Computer labs, Library and Game Kits after 6.30 p.m.
37. Students should avail only one permission in a month to go home or Holiday. They should not go home on other occasions except with specific permission.
38. Students should carry the ‘Hand book’ when they go out on permission and entry must be made.
39. Loss of Hand book should be immediately reported to the warden and fresh book will be given upon by paying a fee of Rs.50/-
40. The furniture provided to the students should be neatly maintained and if any damage or defacing is done repair charges and painting charges will be collected.
41. No visitors / Day scholars are permitted to meet the students in the hostel without the permission of the Warden / Deputy Warden. They are strictly prohibited to enter the rooms of the hostel students. Hostel students found violating this rule will be expelled from the hostel.
42. It is prohibited to use Cigarette, Liquor, Pan items, Chewing Gums etc..,
43. A student dismissed from the college is dismissed from the hostel also.
44. Non – obedience to the rules and regulations shall lead to the expulsion from the hostel and the College.