CENTRAL LIBRARY – MRK INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
LIBRARY RULES and regulations
LIBRARY WORKING HOURS
08.00 am to 07.00 pm
08.00 am to 01.00 pm
STUDENT / STAFF ENTRY PROCEDURE
- Before entering the Library, the Staff/Students should keep their personal belongings in the rack which is placed outside to the Library.
- The Library shall not take any responsibility for loss of personal property or books already signed by a user.
- The Library Users (staff/students) should scan their ID card to E-Gate Register, before entering the Library and while leaving.
- Staff/Students should produce their identity cards while getting the books issued from the Library.
- The Students are eligible to borrow only 3 books at a time from the Library. They shall keep the books for a maximum of 15 days only.
- The Staff are eligible to borrow only 5 books at a time from the Library. They shall keep the books for a maximum of 30 days only (Renewal allowed full Semester).
- Staff/Students are not allowed to borrow books on behalf of others and transfer the borrowed books to other users.
- Renewal of the book for a Student cannot be made for more than once (Renewal allowed only Exam time). If there is demand for the books, they should return on due date without any request for renewal.
- After the completion of semester examination, all the students should get clearance from the Library. The same procedure is followed whenever a student discontinues his/her studies.
- No book shall be taken out unless it is entered in the issue section/Register.
- Books should be returned or renewed on or before the due date mentioned in the book, failure will result in the levy of fine Rs.2 per day per book.
- The fine amount has to be collected daily; statements taken from the Fine Entry note/software settle the amount to the college office.
- Reference books (Journals, newspapers, project reports and back volumes) must be read in the library itself. It should not be taken out of the library.
- All library users may obtain the books from the reference shelves with the guidance of the Librarian/Library staff.
BOOK LOSS AND REPLACEMENT
- Staff/Students should take proper care to maintain the library books intact without causing any damage.
- If a user happens to lose any book, he/she should replace the same book or write a request letter to the Principal through the Librarian. He/she should pay an amount equal to 3 times the cost of the book plus a fine for the number of days it took to replace the book.
- Users (staff/students) should make their entry in the Digital Library Usage Register before accessing the library and after using the library.
- The staff/students are allowed to access E-books, E-Journals, etc.,
- The borrower will be held responsible for any damage to the books and other properties belonging to the library.
- Loud consultations, animated conversations, mobile use, etc., are strictly prohibited.
- The rules and regulations are subject to review by the Librarian, Principal from time to time.